A Physiotherapist can assist with the recovery of function following a diagnosed Concussion. A concussion is a serious injury and can alter a persons function, thinking, mood, and activities of daily living. Some Physiotherapists have post-graduate training to assist with the rehabilitation of the concussion to help a person return to their pre-accident lives.
A Physiotherapist can;
- Screen for concussion (on field and in office)
- Perform a detailed evaluation of the head, neck and some eye and brain functions.
- Treat concussion and neck related headaches, dizziness, neck pain, oculomotor dysfunction
- Perform integrated systems rehab-for balance and movement
- Assist with return to play/work/ activity progressively.